ATPL(A) Airline Transport Pilot modular
The license of ATPL(A) is the highest level of a pilot's training. Everybody who has ever dreamt of working in an Airline's cockpit flying professionally needs ATPL(A) (Airline Transport Pilot's Licence). In order to reduce training stress as well as time and costs for the pilot student AEROTOURS ATO is structuring its training modularly in a distance learning course.
The aim of this training is acquiring the license of CPL(A)/IR(A) together with ATPL(A) theory credit in order to be able to initially work as a copilot in aircraft regardless of which dimension (mostly two-man-cockpit). Furthermore, ATPL(A) can be used as PPL(A), CPL(A) and IR(A) without any restrictions.
Prior to the beginning of the training you need to submit the following documents to us:
- contract of training with AEROTOURS ATO
- aviation medical class 1 given by an AMC
- copy of a valid identity card or passport for identity verification
- 1 passport photograph
- background check (Sec. 7 para. 1 no. 4 Aviation Security Act (LuftSiG) and sec. 4 para. 1 Aviation Security Act) and a Police Clearance Certificate
- extract of German Federal Bureau of Motor Vehicles and Drivers (Kraftfahrt-Bundesamt) (Sec. 30 para. 8 of Road Traffic Act (StVG))
- declaration of pending criminal proceedings (Sec. 24 para. 3 no. 3 and 4 Air Traffic Licensing Order)
- minimum age for starting training is 17 (license qualification with age of 21)
- approval of legal representatives in case applicant is minor
- first aid certificate (is conducted within AEROTOURS ATO)
Prior to the beginning of the training the student has to provide evidence about his/her sufficient knowledge of English, mathematics and physics.
The following is accepted:
- opinion of an officially recognized expert
- or certificate of A-Levels (premise: having studied the above subjects for at least three years)
- or a passed DLR test
- or the student's previous knowledge is tested by AEROTOURS' Head of Training
The distance learning course as well as the examinations are structured into the following 14 subjects:
- Air Law
- Aircraft General Knowledge
- Mass and Balance
- Flight Planning
- Human Performance
- General Navigation
- Radio Navigation
- Operational Procedures
- Radio Communication (BZF/ AZF)
The theoretical examination has to be taken 18 months after the beginning of training at the latest.
If you should come to us without any previous knowledge, you should schedule at least one year for completing the full ATPL(A) training provided existing motivation and willingsness to learn on your side.
The distance learning course for the training of the ATPL(A) is the most modern way for obtaining the Airline Transport Pilot License. You can start at any time.
The dimension of the practical ATPL(A) training is dependant on the practical training of CPL(A) and IR(A) MEP.
The training is completed by two examinations - on the one hand the practical CPL(A) exam on a complex aircraft (Socata TB 20) and on the other hand the IR(A) MEP examination flight with our Partenavia P68B. As an alternative, the IR(A) modul can also be acquired for only single-engine aircraft SEP. Then, the examination flight is performed on the aircraft type Cessna 172.